Sick Hen, Garden News

What an exhausting week. One of our hens, Fat Stella, has been sick and I have been treating her with Epsom salts. She finally had a smelly poo last night and hopefully she will start feeling better soon.
 
Sometimes I think mental stress is more tiring than physical activity.

The garden retaining walls and additional raised beds should be finished by the end of next week. The main walls will probably take the rest of the summer, although the DH thinks he can get the first one done at the same time as the garden walls. The tomatoes are outside hardening off. I have them covered with plastic that I remove for a couple hours each day.
 
 
Two years ago the DH brought home a whip of a dark purple lilac. Lilacs are my absolute favorite flowering shrub, (they remind me of my childhood, playing with my cousins and attending family get-togethers) and I like the dark purple ones the best. I planted it in the vegetable garden, between two of the raised beds, and it is flowering this year for the first time. I am so excited!
 

Comments

Popular Posts