What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 22

The gardens are producing enough that I can now weigh my harvests so I'll be posting those totals each week. Two years ago, I grew over 1200 pounds of produce and I'm hoping to reach the half ton mark this year.

In the garden this week


Cocozelle squash


Tomato blossoms always make me so happy! This is Caspian Pink


Southport Red Globe onion


Young dill plants


Red Express cabbage


One of the eggplants that I had to buy to replace the ones that the chickens nibbled to the ground. Variety is Prosperosa


Basil with twin shoots


Cascadia snap peas


Volunteer fingerling potato, Cosmic Purple carrots and a Hungarian Blue poppy. Caesar cat is in the back keeping watch


Mystery plant that was in a mix of local wildflower seeds that I scattered in early Spring


Leaf lettuce, sweet corn and volunteer Yukon Gold potatoes


A bevy of beans


Arugula gone to seed


My Red Lake currants are ripening


Golden Pascal celery



My peppers have lots of buds forming. Chocolate Bell (top) and Quadrato D'Asti Giallo (bottom)


Weekly harvest total:
4 oz. radishes and green onions
6 oz. kale
Yearly total:
2 lbs. 1 oz.

Comments

Popular Posts