What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 20 - Part 2

Now that all of my spring seeds and plants are in, I'll be posting weekly pictures of each of the raised beds so that everyone can see how the garden is progressing, as well as pictures of the various fruits growing on the farm


Tomato and basil bed #1


In this bed I have arugula, radishes and my summer squash. The chickens got into the garden this week and broke all but one of the squashes so I went to the nursery and picked up one of the varieties that were broken and replanted seeds of the others


Celery


Shallot and onion bed. The onions have been slow to grow due to our unusually cold Spring. The shallots were planted later and are doing well


Cucumber bed. My pickling cukes are in front and the slicers are planted around the tomato cages at the back. I also have dill planted in here and loads of volunteer sunflowers


In this bed are cabbage, kale and a couple of tomatillos. The chickens damaged these plants too


More onions, eggplant (chicken picked), volunteer leeks and quinoa


Tomato and basil bed #2



Garlic, leeks and green onions.


Second planting of peas (something ate the first one), glass gem corn and winter squash



More winter squash (some of which had to be replanted because of rodents eating the roots), Hungarian poppies and carrots


Peppers



Because I have no self control when it comes to interesting plants, I picked up this pepper at the nursery to try



Lettuce, sunflowers, volunteer potatoes and sweet corn



Bean bed. I have a double row of pole beans planted on both sides of the poles and bush beans planted in the rest of the bed



Potato bed


Melon bed. The melons I started indoors are not doing well so I've replanted most of them


My hardy kiwi is loaded with buds


Grape vine planted next to the arbor


One of my Sunshine Blue blueberry bushes, loaded with buds and blossoms



Raspberry blossoms


Yellow alpine strawberry

Comments

Popular Posts