What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 18


This week I planted my tomatoes and basil



As well as my eggplants which were promptly ravaged by the slimy spawns of Satan. This sent me scurrying to release the hounds...er, ducks, to do battle with the forces of evil


My squash, melons and cucumbers continue to thrive.




I've begun the process of hardening off the peppers 


My lovely Japanese and French lilacs have bloomed. Here is a link on how to make Crystallized Lilacs




As have my thyme and bay laurel



A patch of Hungarian bread seed poppies


French Breakfast radish


15 of the 18 cabbages that I planted have survived the grazing chickens and the first of the Red Russian kale is ready to pick



Two weeks ago, I found some of last years shallots in a paper bag. So, I decided to plant them and see what they'd do. They seem to be growing nicely


We introduced the Cuckoo Maran pullets into the flock. They seem to have integrated nicely with only a few minor squabbles breaking out


Comments

Popular Posts