What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 38

End of season harvests continue. I'm waiting on the squash vines to finish dying back before picking the few winter squash that have set and matured. I'm also going to let the flint corn stay on the stalks a little longer so that I have nice dry kernels for grinding


Here is the garden this week 


My Carolina Reaper and Lemon Drop peppers are ripening up. I'll be using the reapers in my pineapple reaper hot sauce and stringing the lemons to dry for using later in the winter to spice up meals

 A cluster of red currant tomatoes 

 A mix of roasted peppers 

 I picked the rest of the onions which averaged nearly a pound each. This Southport Red Globe was the largest at 2+ pounds 

 We are enjoying sweet, juicy melons nearly every day now

 My hardy kiwis are ripe as well

Mammoth Grey and Black Russian sunflowers, ready to be roasted

 Barese cucamelon. Botanically a melon, it is eaten in the immature stage like a cucumber

Weekly harvest total: 

6 pounds 1 ounce tomatoes 
1 pound 14 ounces zucchini 
2 pounds 12 ounces tomatillos 
14 pounds 14 ounces onions 
5 pounds 7 ounces melons 
8 ounces peppers 

Yearly total:

374 pounds 4 ounces 


Comments

Popular Posts