What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 35

Here is the garden this week 

I picked my single Lady Godiva squash, the seeds of which were indeed naked. I roasted them with a little salt and olive oil and they were awesome! The flesh was not good for eating, so I gave it to my chickens who loved it. Despite not being able to eat the squash meat ourselves, I'll grow this variety again since we love pumpkin seeds, and chickens have to eat too, right?

 Underside of a Mexican Torch sunflower 

I Love the contrast of the yellow blossom against the purple leaves on this Red Express cabbage

A few of the beans were dry so I shelled them. I'm hoping for enough for a couple batches of soup this winter

I picked my biggest single haul of heirloom tomatoes this week. 13 pounds! Most of it went into salsa and chopped tomatoes for a family taco party

Though I did hold some back for a yummy tomato and red onion salad

A single sunflower stem with multiple blossoms

Weekly harvest total:

2 pounds 9 ounces pumpkin 
4 pounds 10 ounces zucchini 
22 pounds tomatoes 
1 pound 10 ounces peppers 
1 pound 5 ounces tomatillos 
3 pounds 4 ounces onions 

Yearly total:

196 pounds 12 ounces 

Comments

Popular Posts