What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 28

We picked lots of produce this week and started cabbages and kale for the fall/winter garden.

Here is the garden this week

Our Dewberries a.k.a. Pacific blackberries are ripe. I made a couple jars of freezer jam with this picking

I can't remember what variety the orange carrot is but the other is a Cosmic Purple

My Rattlesnake beans are blooming. Can't wait to have fresh green beans again for dinners and making my famous dilly beans

Lady Godiva Squash. It has hull-less (naked) seeds for roasting

Rainbow Treasure strawberry grown from seed

An American Flag leek flower head

The boys picked some of the sweet cherries. This is the first year in the last 4-5 that they haven't been full of worms

The Tomatillo plants are loaded

Bee on sunflower

A Golden Delicious winter squash

I love true blue flowers and Borage does double duty by being both beautiful and edible

I picked the first of the summer squash. Yellow Crookneck and Black 

My favorite variety of zucchini, Cocozelle

I was able to pick enough cucumbers to make the first quart of dill pickles this year. I also fermented a mini batch of red sauerkraut

Warm potato salad made with potatoes and green onions from the garden 

Weekly harvest total:
2 pounds 12 ounces cherries
2 pounds 7 ounces potatoes
2 pounds 4 ounces beetroot and greens
2 pounds 2 ounces peas
1 pound 8 ounces carrots
1 pound 2 ounces cucumbers and dill
1 pound 1 ounce summer squash
1 pound 1 ounce dewberries
1 pound cabbage
5 ounces kale
6 ounces green onions and shallots

Yearly total:
27 pounds 7 ounces 

Comments

Popular Posts