What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 17

German Butterball potato

Volunteer potato, either Yukon Gold or Red Pontiac 
My potatoes are popping out of the ground! I've even found a couple of volunteers in the bed that they were grown in last year. I'll leave them to grow as they are good companions for the corn that I planned to plant there this year


 The squash, melons and cucumbers that I started last week have germinated nicely. I had to replant some of the squash as a rat in the greenhouse decided to make a meal of several of the ungerminated seeds 



My Montmorency pie cherry and blueberries are blooming



My Almata apple is budding and my Silken apple is loaded with buds that are just opening



I have tiny currants forming and purple asparagus popping up 


I've started to harden off the tomatoes, tomatillos, eggplant and basil for outdoor planting after the first of May. I'm going to give the peppers a couple of extra weeks in the greenhouse and plant them after Mother's Day  



I put 8 duck eggs in the incubator. If they are fertilized then we'll have some ducklings about May 19th.  

Comments

Popular Posts