What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 13

Mint
New growth is showing up everywhere. From perennials and trees (yay!) to annual weeds (boo!)


The tomatoes that I brought in from the greenhouse last week have doubled in size and show no signs of disease.



The tomatoes (and peppers) left in the greenhouse haven't grown as much, due to cooler night time temperatures, but also seem disease free.
What, at first, seemed like a tragedy, has actually given me a side by side comparison as to how much temperatures affect growth in subtropicals. I think next year I will start my subtropical vegetables in my daylight basement, then move them to the greenhouse after temperatures moderate. It means that I will have to start nearly a full month later as I expect growth will be twice as vigorous


My second planting of tomatillos has germinated


As have my Cosmic Purple carrots and some of the beets




The Alpine and Rainbow Treasure strawberries and mixed leaf lettuces are growing well



I transplanted 52 basil seedlings into potting mix


Finally, the cuckoo maran pullets were moved out into the broody house where they will spend the next 6 weeks, until they are big enough for the coop.

Comments

Popular Posts