What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 11



This week I planted strawberry spinach. Strawberry spinach is a very old heirloom with leaves that are eaten like spinach. It produces edible red berries that have a mild, beet-like flavor that can also be used as a dye



I also planted 18 cabbage and 10 kale seedlings




I transplanted my tomatoes and tomatillos from their flat of seedling mix into individual containers of potting mix. Since we are getting about 12 hours of daylight now, I took down my grow lights. I'm completely out of room in the greenhouse but, thankfully, I don't need to start anything else indoors for about a month. By then, some of the things growing now will be planted out


Joe Chuck harvested our first spring "produce", though not from the garden. He foraged nettles from the wooded part of our property and sautéed them in olive oil and balsamic vinegar


Finally, I picked up this year's seed potatoes 



Comments

Popular Posts