What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 12

Quinoa from 2015
This week I planted German Butterball potatoes, Hungarian Blue Poppies and Rainbow Quinoa


Three+ months of heavy rain and unusually cold temps took its toll on the tomatoes and tomatillos in the greenhouse. Roughly half of the tomatoes and all of the tomatillos had to be tossed due to damping off disease. I restarted the tomatillos, and we are now out of the constantly wet and cold pattern so the rest of the tomatoes should be okay

Arugula 
Pea
Spinach 
The sunnier weather this week has brought arugula, peas and spinach popping up




I planted a new blueberry to replace one that died last year and harvested some small overwintered leeks to make room for the quinoa 


The girls are starting to get back into the egg laying groove. Hopefully I'll have enough to sell soon as some of my customers from last year are getting antsy for farm fresh eggs


My Daphne is in bloom and, on sunny days, fills the air with its lemon/plumeria scent






Comments

Popular Posts