What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 2

Seedlings continue to do well, despite night time temperatures in the teens, and a problem with a pair of sneaky rats that dug into the greenhouse (and made a snack of some of the onion seed). Temps are supposed to moderate this week and the rats are no more, so I'm hopeful that growth will pick up even more. 

A forest of onion seedlings 

Sweet Peppers 

Mild-Medium  Hot Peppers

Celery, Hot Peppers and Eggplant 

Alpine Strawberries are getting their first true leaves 

A couple of the peppers had trouble with germination, so I am testing those varieties for viability. If I get them to germinate I will transfer those seeds to seedling mix. I planted all of my ghost pepper seeds (none of which sprouted), so I won't have any of those this year. I'm not too disappointed as all of my Carolina reapers came up 😉  

Seed Viability Test


Comments

Popular Posts