Melons, Onions, Potatoes and Celery

Bindweed displaying fall color with some late ripening blackberries

We've had glorious weather this week with bright sunny days in the low 60's and nights in the mid 40's. Clean up continues and Fall color is becoming more common as we get closer to the unofficial end of the 2018 gardening season.
Here is the garden this week





I picked the remaining Collective Farm Woman melons. They were small but tasty, and Miss Maggie was thrilled to have thin melon rind for a treat




I braided the few remaining red onions that were curing in the wood shed. To be honest, I forgot that they were in there until I went to get wood for the stove. Oops!




My aunt picked up 25 pounds of Yellow Finn potatoes for us from the former family farm. I'll be getting another 75 pounds to fill up the potato box in the pantry which should give us enough to last all winter




I cut the Golden Pascal celery, chopped it up and dried it in the dehydrator. The three plants yielded enough to fill two quart jars, packed tight. Plenty to add flavor to dishes all winter

Weekly Harvest: 

4 pounds 5 ounces soup beans 
2 pounds 8 ounces melons 
2 pounds 12 ounces onions 
20 pounds tomatoes 
12 ounces tomatillos 
3 pounds celery

Yearly Total: 

870 pounds 6 ounces 


Comments

Popular Posts