Basil, Lima Beans, Strawberries and More Applesauce

Dark Galaxy  tomato in the shape of a butterfly 

Gardening season is winding down. Though there are still plenty of garden goodies coming in, I am gradually cleaning up the beds and starting to reflect on the failures and successes over the last year. 
Here is the garden this week 


I did a second big picking on my basil plants this week. It will likely be the last major harvest this year and I dehydrated it to season meals over the winter


The Lima beans were not drying very well with the cooler damp weather, so I pulled the plants and hung them in the greenhouse to finish up


The Yellow Alpine Strawberries are putting out their second set of fruit. They make a nice little treat while I clean up the raised beds


One of our customers gave me a box of jonagold apples so I made up another batch of sauce. Seven more quarts of pretty pink sauce are in the pantry ready to accompany  meals and/or be warmed with a splash of cream for dessert


Weekly Harvest: 

11 ounces basil 
1 pound 5 ounces soup beans 
1 pound 15 ounces green beans 
11 ounces peppers 
11 pounds 15 ounces tomatoes 
4 ounces carrots 
1 pound 6 ounces melons 
14 ounces tomatillos 
1 pound 6 ounces cucumbers
11 ounces onions 

Yearly Total: 

792 pounds 6 ounces 

Comments

Popular Posts