What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 34

Small harvests of a variety of veggies continue. I'm picking summer squash, tomatoes, blueberries, blackberries, tomatillos, basil and peppers nearly every day

Here is the garden this week 

Rainbow quinoa 


 Here are a couple of collages of the varieties in the melon bed. I'm growing 7 varieties, but, at this stage I'm not 100% positive which ones are which 

Edamame ready to pick


 The large sunflower on the right is the one Sam is entering in the state fair


I picked my first pounder+ tomato, a Greek Witness

 Black Futsu squashling. I've never successfully grown this variety so I'm hoping for a long season to give it a chance to fully develop and ripen


Two of the three volunteer squash that sprouted from the compost. Obviously hybrids, but if they reach maturity and are tasty, I may try to stabilize them

I picked the Shiro plums and am pretty happy with the 20 pounds the tree put out this year. Way better than the 6 plums I got last year, lol!

While sunbathing in the garden, Rex saw an airplane and dashed to hide among the clover and tomatillos. Bahahahaha!

Weekly harvest total:

13 pounds 11 ounces plums 
8 ounces peaches 
9 pounds tomatoes 
2 ounces eggplant 
1 pound 12 ounces zucchini 
6 ounces beets 
8 pounds mixed berries 
11 ounces soybeans 
3 pounds 8 ounces tomatillos 

Yearly total:

161 pounds 8 ounces 




Comments

Popular Posts