Refrigerator Pickled Beets



With the garden pumping out bunches of beets it's time to start preserving some for the time between the spring and fall crops. I must say that I have never liked pickled beets. Every kind I had tried were too soft, too sweet or had too many spices. So I came up with my own recipe that addressed all the things that I don't like about pickled beets. Hope you like these as well as my family does.


Refrigerator Pickled Beets

3 pounds fresh beets
Fresh tarragon sprigs
1 1/2 cups champagne vinegar
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar

Combine vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a medium pot and heat to boiling.
Meanwhile wash, peel and thinly slice beets. 
Place a sprig of tarragon in each of 4 pint size jars and tightly pack in beets.
Very carefully pour boiling brine into jars making sure to completely cover beets.
Screw on lids and rings and place in the refrigerator for at least 48 hours. 

Comments

Popular Posts