Incredible Cloning Leek

     How many plants grow from a single seed? Ask anyone and the answer will be the same. One. That is true for most plants that you can grow in your vegetable garden but the common leek is different. It has the amazing trait of cloning itself. A single seed will produce a mother leek and an average of 3 clones. 
     Despite their reputation for difficulty leeks are incredibly easy to grow. In my area (zone 7b) I start my leeks indoors in the middle of January and plant my them outdoors in late March for harvest in late July. When I harvest the mother leek I replant the clones for harvest throughout the winter. 
      Why not try growing this incredible, tasty vegetable in your garden next spring. And experience its amazing duplicating ability.



Comments

Popular Posts