Planting Cucumber and Squash Starts

Galeux D'Eysines

About three weeks ago I planted a flat of cucumbers and a flat of squash and gourds in the greenhouse. After hardening off for about a week they are ready to be planted in the garden. 




Here are the cucumbers planted in the bed with the spinach. By the time the cucumbers start to fill the bed the spinach will be done. Most of these are pickling cucumbers. I've made all of my own pickles for years now and they are so much better than store bought. At the back you can see three tomato cages that I planted my Barese, Lemon and Pepinex cucumbers around so that they will climb the cages. You can't see it but between the rows of cucumbers I've planted dill.





Here are my summer squash. I am growing Black and Butta zucchini. In the center, just coming up, I have Earth Tones dent corn. 




I planted my winter squash and gourds in with the peas. By the time the squash start to get big the peas will be done and I will pull those out leaving them more room. Behind the peas I have planted 3 Dill's Atlantic Giant pumpkins. I don't know if I will have success growing these but I thought, what the heck, I'll go ahead and give them a try and see what happens. The other varieties of winter squash I have growing in here are Galeux D'Eysines, Jumbo Pink Banana, Sweet Lightning, Speckled Hound and Honey Boat Delicata. I also planted a few Luffa gourds.

Comments

Popular Posts