April Garden Totals and Greek Spinach Salad



Things are coming along nicely in the garden. The potatoes are up, the peas are getting taller and will be flowering soon and the garlic is thriving. My single row of spinach is going gangbusters and I've been able to pick enough for salads twice a week.

Here is what I picked this month:

1 pound 7 ounces spinach
1 ounce green onions
1 ounce thyme
1 ounce lilac blossoms

Month total: 1 pound 10 ounces

Year total: 3 pounds 12 ounces


Greek Spinach Salad



4 cups fresh baby spinach
1/4 cup crumbled feta
12 kalamata olives, halved
Pickled pepperoncinis
Greek dressing (recipe follows)

Divide spinach between 4 plates. Top each with 1 tablespoon crumbled feta and six kalamata halves. Drizzle with greek dressing and garnish with pepperoncinis.


Greek Dressing

2 tablespoons brine from pickled pepperoncinis
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined.






Comments

  1. Must be so nice to pick up whatever you want from the garden and eat it right away! Trying to get there some day.

    My blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get there Anna banana! When I started gardening all I had was 2 five gallon buckets that I grew cherry tomatoes in on my apartment balcony.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts