What's Growing on Hen and Drake Farm - Week 40

Here is the garden this week 

Nighttime temperatures are dipping into the 30's so I brought in the rest of the tomatoes and peppers. I also picked the corn, some of the winter squash and another big bowl of tomatillos 

 I moved the cabbages and kale to the onion bed so that I can use the bed they were in for the garlic

 Despite the cooler weather my Crookneck is still pumping out oodles of squash 

 I found this volunteer strawberry spinach growing among the winter carrots

Purple and white kohlrabi

A magenta cosmos brightens up the garden

Weekly harvest total 

1 pound 7 ounces zucchini 
10 pounds melons 
4 ounces blueberries 
2 pounds 1 ounce peppers 
7 pounds 10 ounces squash 
27 pounds 13 ounces tomatoes 
5 pounds corn 
5 pounds 2 ounces tomatillos 

Yearly total 

452 pounds 7 ounces 

Comments

Popular Posts